Re: format of date strings : british english proof reader needed

On 5/13/08, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> also sprach ajdlinux@gmail.com <ajdlinux@gmail.com> [2008.05.13.0448 +0100]:
> > As an Australian English native speaker, I'd go for the format:
> >
> >     13th May 2008
>
> I think both are used, but the extra two characters seem like waste
> and clutter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format

In practice, I've never seen the date written out in 'full' format
except in some legal documents.

(For the record, in some legal documents it's written as 'the
thirteenth day of May, in the year of our Lord two-thousand and eight'
or similar. We don't need that in DPN :P )

--
Andrew Donnellan <><                   ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom
http://linux.org.au            http://ajdlinux.wordpress.com

"In Communism, they don't have free elections"
                              "So they have to pay to vote?"
                            - English class, 20 Feb 2008