Formatting of articles

Hello!

Really great that there is a DWN alternative!  With this e-mail I would
like to discuss the format of articles.

When I look at earlier versions of DWN I see that articles are only a
few lines and not longer than one paragraph. I think it would be good to
make that a rule for the future. Otherways the risk is that articles
will become longer and longer. I also think that it's better not to use
a title. The begin of the article can act as a title.

This is an old DWN article that is formatted like I suggested:

-------------
Message-ID Lookup for List Mails. Jeroen van Wolffelaar [6]announced
that he has re-implemented the [7]lookup by Message-ID for list mails
on [8]lists.debian.org. This service is based on an [9]idea by
Andrew Suffield who has [10]terminated it recently. It also supports
multiple hits for a single ID.

 6. http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/02/msg00023.html
 7. http://lists.debian.org/~jeroen/
 8. http://lists.debian.org/
 9. http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/10/msg00043.html
 10. http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/01/msg00073.html

The new article about Powua is an example of an article that is rather long.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/