Re: Debian backed by HP

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 10:03 +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Adrian von Bidder (avbidder@fortytwo.ch) [060814 08:08]:
> > Should this (below) be paired by an announcement of Debian?  "Debian is
> > proud to see a major vendor supporting Debian on its Server hardware" or
> > the like?
>
> Definitly, yes. What I currently miss is some source-links, though there
> are reports on eweek.com and heise.de. That also makes it a bit hard to
> add content, so I only have the beginning of a draft (also, is there
> somebody at HP we should speak about)?

Me.

I have been publicly very quiet about this until today for what I hope
are obvious reasons.  However, our DPL has already been briefed, and I
intend to provide a paragraph for this week's DWN as soon as I receive
an hp.com URL to quote for the press release, which I'm told should
happen within the next hour.

Feel free to find me on IRC if you'd like to iterate on text faster than
email allows.

Bdale