Re: Proposal for public announcement for the next release update

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 06:05:50PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Let's see what you wrote instead:
> | The Debian project confirms December 2006 as the date for the next
> | release of its distribution which will be named Debian GNU/Linux 4.0
> | alias 'etch'.
> It is anything but sure that we will be able to release in december,
> which you present as a fact. This is simply wrong and may hurt Debian's
> reputation (or stabilize Debian's reputation that it's not able to
> release in time).

To the best of my knowledge, the release managers (Andi and Steve) are
committed to releasing in December, and in fact expect to be doing so on
the 4th of December. I appreciate that there are a number of variables
involved in making that prediction come true, and a number of problems
that still need to be dealt with lest they prevent it; but I believe they,
along with their assistants including yourself, are still on track to
meeting that commitment. (If you're not, I do expect to be informed so
we can fix that; ttbomk, so far I haven't been)

Whatever other criticism of the press release there might be, I don't
think that's one that should be made. And as far as those other aspects
go, I stand by what I said earlier -- better for -publicity to focus on
doing some good things itself, than critiquing press@.

Cheers,
aj