Re: Second draft (was Re: we need a release announcement -- soon [source material])

On Aug 07, Ted Whalen wrote:
> Chris Lawrence wrote:
> >                               Debian 2.2 Released
> >
> >    The Debian Project is pleased to announce the latest release of the
> >    Debian GNU/Linux Operating System, version 2.2 (codename "potato").
> >    This release has been in development for approximately 18 months, and
> >    has been extensively continuously tested by several thousand
> >    developers and end-users; accordingly, we believe Debian 2.2 is an
> >    extremely well-tested Linux distribution ever.
>
> Somewhere in this first paragraph, do you want to mention that this
> release is dedicated to Joel "Espy" Klecker?

Yes, we should mention that.  Here's a new paragraph (HTML):

href="ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/doc/dedication-2.2.txt";>dedicated</a>
to the memory of Joel "Espy" Klecker, 21, a Debian developer who died
unexpectedly during the final testing of the release.  Joel was a
valued member of our project, both for his contributions to our
distribution and his friendship.  He will be missed.

Chris