Re: we need a release announcement -- soon [source material]

> * Count up number of packges that have been updated upstream.
>   Actually, I just did this, and between slink and potato:
>     - 792 source packages were updated to new upstream versions
>     - 626 source packages stayed at the same upstream version
>     - 1236 new source packages, including these (trying to pick
>       well-known or important ones):
> 	. postfix
> 	. openldap
> 	. debbugs, jitterbug
> 	. w3m
> 	. ruby
> 	. lm-sensors
> 	. gdm
> 	. cvsup
> 	. everybuddy
> 	. tidy
> 	. xplanet
> 	. zope
> 	. xmms
> 	. logrotate
> 	. kaffe
> 	. gnome-napster, gnapster, gnap
>         . and 56 new games!

 Would it be useful to have per-package NEWS info? Each developer would
compare the slink and potato versions of his software and would send a short
text with important changes somewhere...

 Like this:

 lftp - Now supports: HTTP, IPv6, FTP over http proxy and ASCII mode.

 (this is the real `changelog' between slink and potato lftp).