Re: About the KDE issue.

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000 Kristoffer.Rose@ens-lyon.fr wrote:

> FYI I'd just remark that RMS said in his presentation at [GNU/]Linux
> Expo/World in PARIS that Qt 2 is free.  While I agree with the reservations
> we have in Debian it *does* seem awkward that we are stricter with respect
> to freeness than RMS...

No, we're not stricter.
Qt2 *is* indeed free software and is included in the main section of
potato:

/mirror/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-i386/libs/libqt2_2.0.2-0.7.deb

Where's the problem?
As for KDE, the problem is not about the freeness of Qt2, but about the
fact that it's not compatible with the GPL. (cf: the numerous and endless
threads we had on this issue in debian-devel@ and debian-legal@)

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:                                               GNOME : -