Re: Attempt at PS version of ad...

Ean Schuessler wrote:
> Please try:
> http://www.novare.net/~ean/debads/debian-ad.ps

I had a little trouble bringing that up either on ghostview and
printing it out on an HP LaserJet 4M+ printer.

I notice that you prepared it using Adobe Illustrator.  Assuming you
did that on a PC, I wonder in which of Windows' various "Postscript
output formats" you saved the file?  The default on Windows95 and
WindowsNT machines is, I think, "ADSC (optimzed for portability)".
This in fact is not portable -- maybe it's portable from one Windows
platform to another, or from one Windows app to another, but it
is not portable to the rest of the world.  On the other hand, the
output format labelled "archive format" actually is portable.

On Windows95, you can set up the appropriate Postscript output format
in the 'Properties' of your printer driver (via the printer icon in
the control panel).  Unfortunately, there's no way to adjust the output
format on WindowsNT.  (Perhaps ghostview on an NT might be able to produce
real Postscript; I haven't tried it.)

Please correct me if I've guessed wrong.
Thanks,
Susan