Re: Preparing a press release for 2.0

On Tue, Mar 31, 1998 at 11:43:47AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> we will have a press release covering the 2.0 release when 2.0 comes
> out.  The contents and form are discussed on debian-[publicity]

Without having quite enough of a background with Debian to suggest other
neat new stuff that's changed since bo, I can perhaps suggest some
additional recipients for the as yet unwritten press release.

Linux Journal and slashdot would seem obvious additional candidates.
_Australian Personal Computer_ (the News/Features editor at July '97 was
Helen Dancer <HDancer@acp.com.au>) is one Australian mag that would
be worth including. I imagine there'd be huge numbers of other local
magazines that should be sent information. Do we already have a list
of such things?

I'd also be inclined to send the information to techy mags such as
Dr Dobb's Journal, for inclusion/summarization in their news bites
sections.

FWIW, Nils' formatting requirements seemed quite reasonable to this
uneducated hacker.

Cheers,
aj

      ``It's not a vision, or a fear. It's just a thought.''