Re: A policy on use of AI-generated content in Debian

    Dominik> Generative AI tools **produce** derivatives of other people's copyrighted works.

    Dominik> That said, we already have the necessary policies in place:

Russ pointed out this is a fairly complicated claim.

It is absolutely true that generative AI models have produced output
that contains copyrighted text.

The questions of whether that text is an infringing derivative of those
copyrighted works are making their way through a number of law suits in
my country at least.
And as Russ points out the moral issues are going to be even harder to
figure out.

I don't think it is as simple as you write above, and I agree with
Russ's thoughts on the situation.

--Sam