Re: A policy on use of AI-generated content in Debian

    Ansgar> Hi,
    Ansgar> On Thu, 2024-05-02 at 14:01 -0400, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
    >> I would like Debian to discuss and decide on the usage of AI-
    >> generated content within the project.

    Ansgar> It's just another tool that might or might not be non-free like people
    Ansgar> using Photoshop, Google Chrome, Gmail, Windows, ... to make
    Ansgar> contributions. Or a spamfilter to filter out some.

I tend to agree with the above.  AI is just another tool, and I trust
DDs to use it appropriately.

I probably would not use AI to write large blocks of code, because I
find that auditing the quality of AI generated code is harder than just
writing the code in most cases.

I might:

* use debgpt to guess answers to questions about packaging that I could
  verify in some manner.

* Use generative AI to suggest names of projects, help improve
  descriptions, summarize content, etc.

* See if generative AI could help producing a message with a desired
  tone.

--Sam