Re: Requests for my bachelor thesis

Hi Igor,

Late answer here, but I thought it might still be useful:

On Sat, Mar 09, 2024 at 11:21:40AM +0000, Igor Lewandowski wrote:
>    Good morning,
>
>    I am a third year undergraduate history student from Adam Mickiewicz
>    University in Poznan, Poland. My bachelor thesis is related to Linux
>    distributions. The full name of the bachelor thesis is "The phenomenon
>    of the emergence of GNU/Linux operating system distributions as a
>    historical phenomenon. Research problems, sources and specificity of
>    the issue." I wanted to ask if you as a distribution developer collect
>    data for example IP type, interest of people from different countries
>    in your work for company, foundation data. Also, would it be possible
>    to provide data that I could, with the permission of the creators of
>    the distribution, use in a research paper as well as an undergraduate
>    thesis. In compiling the database, I used the website "Distrowatch",
>    but there is a problem that the dates of the first distributions are
>    incorrect, I also ask if it would be possible to give a concrete
>    calendar of the first and subsequent distributions, along with
>    technical changes. I kindly ask that my requests and queries be
>    granted.

Debian maintains a "history" document that you might find useful:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/

Good luck with your thesis,

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}

I will have a Tin-Actinium-Potassium mixture, thanks.