The Community Team Needs You!

Hi!

We're looking for some more volunteers to join the team. You don't
have to spend all day and all of the night working with us - a couple
of hours a week may do.

Debian is mostly English speaking - so a good understanding of English
is essential - but we're very conscious that other languages exist so
someone with a good command of French/German/Spanish or any East Asian
languages would be very helpful indeed. The more the merrier in terms
of languages and cultures. And timezones! :-)

Community Team members can listen / mediate / persuade and understand
Debian folk as needed, but should also be mindful of how to make even
casual questioners see Debian as a welcoming environment in
passing. Dealing with people can be difficult: a willingness to try
and see both sides of a disagreement dispassionately and in the best
interests of the wider Project is essential, as is the patience needed
to tease out facts from anger and hurt feelings.

Because of the need to be well aware of Debian culture and possible
privacy issues involved in discussions, membership of this team is
limited to Debian developers at this time.

We'd love to find people with experience in this kind of role, but
we're also ready and willing to help people learn how to work in the
team. It's very rewarding to help people and make the project a better
place.

Would you like to help? If so, please contact us!

Cheers,

Steve, for the Community Team

--
Steve McIntyre                                          93sam@debian.org