Re: Suggestion for Debian 13: A Openbox enviornment that would work perfect in Debian

On 17/01/2024 07:21, OB wrote:
First, thanks for all you've done over the decades. Debian is superior in every shape and form. Now to my suggestion, I've recently talked to some friends of mine about the tiling window manager Openbox which we all love and our convo ended up being about what Debian offers in regards to the DEs on installation and that we would all like to see a Openbox edition.

I used Openbox (and Crunchbang) and really liked it, but that was like... 10 years ago?

As far as I know, Openbox has been abandoned for a long time now, as you can see:

- official news page: http://openbox.org/wiki/Openbox:News
- original repo: https://github.com/danakj/openbox (last commit 9 years ago)
- what Debian packages: https://github.com/Mikachu/openbox (last commit 6 years ago)

I don't think anyone would work on a Debian edition based on a dead project. However, I see that someone still maintains the package in Debian, I added them in CC in case they want to comment.

Best,

Arnaud