Lack of replies

Antonio Russo wrote:

> As someone who would like to participate more in the development of Debian,
> my personal experience is that making contributions is like dropping a
> message in a bottle into the sea.  It feels like a complete crap-shot
> whether I'll even receive a comment on any code contribution (including
> debian-devel RFS, salsa MR, or BTS patch).

For salsa and BTS, one reason for lack of reply can be that the maintainer is
never notified.  I get surprised sometimes that salsa has merge requests
waiting for me.  I suspect that either the email notification is broken or off
by default and I never saw instructions to enable it.

In the case of the BTS: it used to email me but that broke a couple years ago
and apparently it is hard to fix.  So currently a class of us don't get email
from any bug reports.

My suggestion, therefore, is: if the patch is important to you, do also CC
directly the maintainer address.

-Steve