Re: Fresh thread - 2023 Debian Project survey: Sustainability

On 17049 March 1977, Mathieu O'Neil wrote:

• Survey responses are anonymous, IP and HTTP information are not
logged, and all questions are optional. As it is still likely possible
to determine who a respondent is based on their answers, results will
only be distributed in aggregate form, in a way that does not allow
de-anonymisation.

That "likely" is better worded as "for a great number of people
anonymity will not exist for anyone seeing the real answers".
Also, that aggregate form would need to somehow mangle the following 3
questions up pretty good, I think.

A03 formal status
A04 which 3 teams most involved
A05/A05a which other foss projects involved in

Those are enough to ditch about any anonymity I think, combine it
with B01c to make it easy enough for even an AI to find out who the
submitter is. I might be an extreme example, but for me it would be
enough to truthfully answer A04 (archive, new-maintainer, salsa) and
confirm it with A05a putting OFTC...

B01c only loses when someone works for a real big company.

--
bye, Joerg