Re: Brief update about software freedom and artificial intelligence

On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 at 08:38, Roberto A. Foglietta
<roberto.foglietta@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 at 07:16, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > "Roberto A. Foglietta" <roberto.foglietta@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> No court ruling was ever emitted in favour of Google vs Oracle
> leveraging fair use but it was an agreement between the two parties
> supported by Microsoft.
>
> https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/04/how-the-supreme-court-saved-the-software-industry-from-api-copyrights/
>
> As you can learn from the Ars Technica's article linked here above.

FUNNY FACT

Microsoft convinced Oracle to settle down the cause with Google using
the escamotage based on the unilateral author right of extending the
definition of fair use which is the same I did for marketing about a
single file in one of my projects. This escamotage written down and
deposited in the Supreme Court as agreement between the two parties
allows everyone to do the same of Google about Oracle's API. Thus
Oracle surrendered not because Google leveraged the fair use but
because of Microsoft pressure.

Google: I can include the header, thus I can use the API

Oracle: no you cannot.

Microsoft: Oracle DB cannot run without an operative system, do you agree?

me: ROTFL

Best regards, R-