Re: salsa accounts

On Tue, Nov 01, 2022 at 04:27:35PM +0100, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Maybe it would be interesting allowing anyone to create an account at "
> salsa.debian.org".

It is ''already allowed''. Once registered, it goes via a process of manual approval.

> So anyone outside Debian can also report bugs,

salsa is not the right place to report bugs, BTS is[1]

> and make pull requests.
>
> For example I'm using Debian's syncthing-gtk
> <https://salsa.debian.org/debian/syncthing-gtk> on my distro, which is a
> port of the software to Python 3 not available elsewhere. But I cannot help
> out because I can't create an account.

You can file a bug with BTS and attach a patch there.

> (When replying, include my email in the "by" field)

I am not aware of any such field, did you mean "TO" field?

[1]: https://www.debian.org/Bugs/

--
Best,
Nilesh