lists.debian.org: Request for new mailing list: collab-maint (was: Evolving away from source package realms)

Package: lists.debian.org
Severity: wishlist

Dear list masters and fellow Debian peers,

I hereby would like to propose to create a mailing list for
collaborative maintenance.

Name: debian-collab-maint

Rationale:

El 13/10/22 a las 07:02, Tobias Frost escribió:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 04:09:54PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
> > Is there some way right now for me to say "any Debian contributor with
> > upload rights should feel free to merge changes and upload this package
> > without needing to consult me at all, and I will subscribe to the packages
> > feed for the package and say something if something happens that I don't
> > like" with a packaging repository on Salsa?  And if not, would that be a
> > good way to start?
>
> In my understanding this is exactly the purpose of the Debian group on salsa.
> As [1] says:
>  Direct commits to repositories in the Debian group by any Debian developer are
>  implicitly welcome. No pre-commit coordination (e.g. merge-request or mail) is
>  expected.
>
> [1] https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc#Collaborative_Maintenance:_.22Debian.22_group

Other than the salsa Debian group, I think it would be useful to have a
mailing list to share the responsibility of packages, and at the same
time, reduce the personal "ownership" of them. Packages with Maintainer:
debian-collab-maint@lists.debian.org are declared to have an open an
collaborative maintenance. Rules are yet to be defined and discussed
within the project (following this thread?). In any case, concerned
packages have to be in the Salsa Debian group. However, it should be
optional for packages in the Salsa Debian group to have Maintainer:
d-c-m@l.d.o.

This mailing list would also make it possible to follow and keep track
of bugs and etc of the related packages. I am aware it is currently
possible to individually subscribe to a package's tracker, but the scope
is different from a collaborative maintenance.

Short Description: Debian Collaborative Package Maintenance

Long Description: