Re: A quiet reminder: please be considerate.

"Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com> writes:

> * It shouldn't need twenty people to make a point or start arguments and
>   counter arguments. If someone has already written what you would have wanted
>   to write, that's fine: in many cases you can safely leave it there.
>   The list is moderated: the volunteers moderating the list and everyone
>   reading the list will appreciate you for not providing more to read through.

I'm a little concerned that this mention of moderation could give the
impression that we're filtering messages based on tone or content.

Unless I've misunderstood completely, we do not judge the content of the
messages, except that we filter out very obviously abusive trolling that
the list was suffering prior to moderation, and obviously drop
SPAM/Phishing/etc. if we see it.

As one of the moderators, I occasionally get the chance to
approve/reject messages (on the rare occasions when the other moderators
don't beat me to it).

I've only rejected a handful of messages, and they were almost all
obvious SPAM, and IIRC one trolling attempt from a throw-away address,
not otherwise involved in the discussion.

Cheers, Phil.