Re: Banning Norbert Preining from planet.d.o

On 2022/03/24 15:02, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Dr. Bas Wijnen - 24.03.22, 10:50:47 CET:
There was work to be done. It has been done. The result is that
Norbert was sanctioned. Please accept that and stop pretending that
the debate is still ongoing.
Just one thing: There is no pretending there.

This thread clearly shows it. The Debian community is not unequivocally
sure, i.e. in agreement, about all of this.

The fact is, Norbert's DD status has been removed, he's no longer a Debian Developer, he no longer has a @debian.org email address, he no longer has voting rights within the project, etc. It's not a time-limited removal (despite Adam's assertion that it's a temporary ban).

There are some that were a bit confused (thinking Norbert had a complete ban, they may have been confusing Norbert with our statement[1] on Daniel Pocock last year). And there are some who call it a demotion (which is incorrect, this isn't just about upload rights, and some DAM members have asked to stop calling it that exactly because it causes some confusion).

So, echoing what Bas said, please stop pretending that this is some kind of ongoing discussion or decision that's going on, it's not. Norbert hasn't been a project member since 2021-11-23, this was after being a DD since 2019-03-22 again following his previous suspension. And, as I've stated before, we're not going to allow him to continue to either attack the project or its members, especially using the project's infrastructure doing so.

-Jonathan