Re: How do you manage debian mails on your mailbox?

Hi,

On 2022-08-28 07:37, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> - - Do you use your primary email address for debian stuff as well,
> or is it a different one?

I mainly use two different addresses: one for personal communication,
and one for development stuff. My @debian.org address goes towards the
latter.

(In addition, I have quite a few special-purpose addresses, e.g. for
administrator stuff.)

> - - Do you have any sensible way to cope up with so many mails from
> different mailing lists and not potentially miss out on something
> important?

I use a sieve filter that just sorts stuff by mailing list. Perhaps I'm
just used to it, but it doesn't take me long to catch up with lists,
which I do every 1-7 days (depending how active I can be for Debian
during any given time).

I basically just quick-scan for interesting Subject lines, check for an
interesting thread, and read if so. Everything else gets marked as read.

It can also help to look at authors (both in good and bad ways).

Best,
Christian