Re: Sponsoring Ukranian i18n work

I suggest you just contact your local city council if you can hang up a job advert where they register as refugees. That said, maybe you find some sponsors for some IT training and the refurbishing of some spare laptops ... hm .. saying that .. I should possibly make a move myself.

On 09.04.22 11:31, Free unofficial Italian translation - FUIT wrote:
Dear Mike,
thank you for your initiative in favor of Ukraine.

In order to protect the privacy of Ukrainians you could also send your project to communities such as Tails, Tor, Parrot and embassies. The latter have excellent contacts both with the Ukrainian community around the world and universities.

Good Luck.

Antonio Bonaccorso

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mike Gabriel<mike.gabriel@freiesoftware.gmbh>
Date: sab 9 apr 2022, 01:28

Hi all,

via my company Fre(i)e Software GmbH [1], I would like to sponsor
Ukranian i18n work.

If you know anyone who is good in English and fluent in Ukranian,
please forward this proposal to them. The person must be open to using
tools like Weblate, Transifex and possibly also poedit (for
translating debconf templates).

If you know anyone eligible and forward this mail to them, please also
be available for presenting a short reference for that person. Thanks.

The starting budget will be equivalent to a German Mini Job (450,-EUR
per month for the employee). The translator candidate should be
(temporarily) resident in Germany and must have a work permit for
Germany.

Once somone has been found for this position, we will announce this in
greater public and see if more funding can be scraped together.

(Make sure to reply to my address, I am not subscribed to the
debian-ukrainian mailing list.)

Greets,
Mike (aka sunweaver)

[1] https://freiesoftware.gmbh
--
Fre(i)e Software GmbH
Mike Gabriel

Phone: +49 4354 9965707
Fax: +49 4354 9965709
E-mail: mike.gabriel@freiesoftware.gmbh
Web: https://freiesoftware.gmbh

Represented by the Management Board / Vertreten durch die Geschäftsführung:
Mike Gabriel

Commercial Register entry: HRB 22309 at the Local Court, Amtsgericht Kiel
Handelsregistereintrag: HRB 22309 Amtsgericht Kiel

Postal address / Postanschrift:

Fre(i)e Software GmbH
c\o DAS-NETZWERKTEAM im TÖZ Eckernförde
Marienthaler Str. 17