Re: Re: A quiet reminder: please be considerate.

Norbert Preining <norbert@preining.info> writes:

> Hi Phil,
>
>> I've only rejected a handful of messages, and they were almost all
>> obvious SPAM, and IIRC one trolling attempt from a throw-away address,
>> not otherwise involved in the discussion.
>
> Obviously my emails have been considered spam or my email a throw-away
> one, since from my last 4 emails to d-p not a single one has arrived.
>
> Reality seems to be very different from what you and Steve have written.

Well, that's odd, because I cannot find a single instance of a mail from
you being discarded, but perhaps I don't have a full set of data, or my
notmuch search foo is weak?

Here's the full set of data that I have:

phil@rummy:~$ notmuch count --output=threads 'thread:"{to:debian-project and subject:APPROVE}"'
1346
phil@rummy:~$ notmuch count --output=threads 'thread:"{to:debian-project and (subject:DISCARD or subject:REJECT)}"'
276

These include a mention of your name (which in this case includes the
From: because it's quoted in the body of the approval mail)

phil@rummy:~$ notmuch count --output=threads 'thread:"{to:debian-project and subject:APPROVE}"' norbert
32
phil@rummy:~$ notmuch count --output=threads 'thread:"{to:debian-project and (subject:DISCARD or subject:REJECT)}"' norbert
0

and as a control, let's prove that this can provide results:

phil@rummy:~$ notmuch count --output=threads 'thread:"{to:debian-project and subject:APPROVE}"' joerg
12
phil@rummy:~$ notmuch count --output=threads 'thread:"{to:debian-project and (subject:DISCARD or subject:REJECT)}"' joerg
1

Which looks to me as though we've had 1346 messages though moderation
since it started (they all get sent out initially with 'APPROVE' in the
subject, so that search also catches things that were rejected in the
end), of which 276 were discarded/rejected.

In that period, you seem to have sent 32 messages, none of which have I
seen a rejection/discard reply for.

I suppose there would also be the possibility that none of the
moderators replied at all, but looking at all the moderation mails that
match 'norbert', each thread includes at least 2 messages, so at least
one moderator has replied to each.

If you tell me message-IDs for the missing messages, I can have a hunt
for them if you like.

Cheers, Phil.