Re: (Lack of) GDPR compliance in Debian

Hi Adrian

On 2022/03/12 17:23, Adrian Bunk wrote:
Is it SPI that is liable for penalies of up to 20 Million Euro and
compensation claims, or is it individual team members who are personally
liable for penalies of up to 20 Million Euro and compensation claims?

If this is unclear, the easiest way for anyone who wants to take legal
action is to target a natural person.

It's not 100% clear to me, but from what I understand having had some informal conversations with experts in this field (we should ideally speak get some more information from legal experts on this topic), it would fall on individual members, unless a TO has en explicit contract with someone.

It's one of a few important reasons why we need to look at incorporating Debian, I wanted to push for that during the last year, but during the release and the last 1.5 GRs didn't seem like an ideal time for it. I'll also provide some more details and thoughts on this on -vote over the next week, but I believe this is something important to pursue for the project regardless of who serves as DPL for the next term.

-Jonathan