Re: History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes

2022, ഫെബ്രുവരി 22 11:39:48 PM IST, Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org>ൽ എഴുതി
>On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 12:29:53PM -0500, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
>> Allow me, if you will, to talk a bit about something that's been on my mind
>> a bit over the last handful of years in Debian.
>I've heard a "we will discuss it and let you know in 5 years" joke about
>Debian before I've even started using or contributing to Debian, 10+ years
>ago.
>I don't know if this was ever different.
>The argument I've heard several times goes "yes, we discussed this and
>nothing came out of that discussion because nobody did the work, what did
>you expect?" or "we have a lot of ideas but not a lot of people willing to
>implement them".

There are also many cases where people are there to do the work, but some people holding authority simply block any change or just don't officially respond, even if specifically asked. Something we have been doing for many years is reason enough to keep doing the same.