Problems of migrating Debian8 "Jessie" to Debian 10 "Buster"

Hi Chris,

Because I could no longer install Debian 8 "Jessie" on new machine and update the old machines, I migrate to Debian 10 "Buster" with KDE Plasma. But I found lots of problems and would appreciate your help solve them:

1. "Buster" system freezes when I am running programs in various virtual desktop, especially YouTube. Is it a bug?

2. "Buster" no longer supports ecryptfs. Is there any other way to encrypt a directory?

3. Some of regex commends that worked on old Debian Jessie do not work on "Buster". What's wrong?

4. Is there any way to install the old "Jessie"?

Regards

Henry

---
Muchiu (Henry) Chang, PhD. Cantab
Patent Mapping Intelligence Researcher &
Monte Carlo Modeling Simulation Expert
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mcc212/
tel. +1-416-828-5676