Re: Inquiry regarding libncurses5 license information /#266603

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 3:08 AM 赤星香菜【株式会社Cygames】wrote:

> Hi support,

This isn't a Debian user support channel, see here:

https://www.debian.org/support

> Here is my inquiry regarding your libncurses5 package:
> https://packages.debian.org/ja/stretch/libncurses5
>
> By what license is this package governed by?
> GPL/ Apache 2.0 or any other licenses?

If you click on the "Copyright File" ("著作権ファイル") link in the right
panel, you will see that it is released under a mixture of different
permissive licenses, including MIT and BSD.

https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/n/ncurses/ncurses_6.0+20161126-1+deb9u2_copyright

PS: you might want to upgrade from Debian stretch to Debian buster and
then to the latest release, Debian bullseye.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise