Re: Debian and GitLab Open Source Partnership

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 06:19:37PM +0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> Donald Norwood <donald@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Debian and GitLab have been in discussion regarding an Open Source
> > Partnership toward which we will jointly produce mutual promotions,
> > shared stories, and announcements using both organizations press and/or
> > publicity channels.
> >

> Out of the blue, without any more context and content,

???

"Debian" and "Gitlab" are speaking with each other
since the very start of "Salsa".

> I am not sure to be happy with this news.

To me is the news  that "press" and "marketing" are more involved.
Because I assume good faith, I allow meself to focus on other stuff
in (Debian) life.

> To me, such a partnership is something quite stronger than sponsorship
> and I'd be a bit ill-at-ease with it being done without the whole Debian
> Members being consulted.

Yes, a DD is allowed to represent the project.

> Last but not least, what kind of data would be shared regarding how we
> use gitlab in Debian?

Please give the (humble) Salsa admins time to elaborate.
I have no insight information about "the data",
but imagine (dull??) statistics on accounts, active accounts, projects,
active projects.
I do trust my fellow Debian Developers to deal wisely with it.
For (gory??) details I recomment to join the Salsa admin team.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
DD
Thinks that peb made a valid request,
has no idea what would be a valid answer to that request.
--
Silence is hard to parse