Re: NVC or other Training at DebConf

Cc'd to you as you cc'd me. I do not really need a Cc though.

Sam Hartman - 11.04.21, 12:44:17 CEST:
> Martin> I remember that at the recent KDE Academy meetups, I think
> Martin> the last two, there has been some workshop about non-violent
> Martin> communication.
>
> Martin> Maybe it would be an idea to propose something like that for
> Martin> the next Debconf or maybe even some online meeting before?
>
> I've found NVC to be incredibly useful.
> I have had no formal training but have read some of their books and
> then started trying to use it for years.
[…]
> Some people in the project have gotten NVC training they weren't very
> happy with.
> I'd love to see good NVC training at DebConf.
>
> Or training in any other empathy framework or similar.

I found Sedona method to be a gem as well.

> One complaint i've heard is that the training is expensive.
> In our current climate, "um whatever," is my response.
> I think that any training that helps us work together would be worth
> its weight in modern servers.

It was 2018 – maybe it was repeated later, but I do not find that at the
moment:

Akademy/2018/TrainingNVC: Training in Nonviolent Communication

https://community.kde.org/Akademy/2018/TrainingNVC

I have no idea what KDE e.V. paid for the training.

At least one participant found the training to have been run
exceptionally:

Akademy 2018

https://kshadeslayer.wordpress.com/2018/09/19/akademy-2018/

There may have been another blog post about it, but that is what I found
in my news reader at the moment.

I do not know the trainer.

That is how much I know at the moment.

I bet it would be possible to find someone in KDE community who can tell
more about the training.

Best,
--
Martin