Re: Inquiry regarding libncurses5 license information /#266603

Hi,

Sorry and thanks for letting me know about support channel information page,
and also thanks for the License information,
I'd missed checking Copyright section in the right panel.

Thanks again for your support,
have a great day,

Kind regards,
Kana

2021年9月15日(水) 13:04 Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>:
On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 3:08 AM 赤星香菜【株式会社Cygames】wrote:

> Hi support,

This isn't a Debian user support channel, see here:

https://www.debian.org/support

> Here is my inquiry regarding your libncurses5 package:
> https://packages.debian.org/ja/stretch/libncurses5
>
> By what license is this package governed by?
> GPL/ Apache 2.0 or any other licenses?

If you click on the "Copyright File" ("著作権ファイル") link in the right
panel, you will see that it is released under a mixture of different
permissive licenses, including MIT and BSD.

https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/n/ncurses/ncurses_6.0+20161126-1+deb9u2_copyright

PS: you might want to upgrade from Debian stretch to Debian buster and
then to the latest release, Debian bullseye.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise