Re: 3 Blue 1 Brown

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 10:54:32AM -0400, Khosro Pourkavoos wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> *Grant Sanderson (3 Blue 1 Brown)* has released his amazing *mathematics
> visualization* software Manim (on github). Can you please add it to the *debian
> repository,* so it can be installed using apt?

This is not how it works :-)

First: I couldn't find a license for Manim. It has to have a free
license (as defined by DFSG [1]) to be considered for inclusion.

Second: There has to be Someone [TM] who actually does the work
(package dependencies, versions, backporting of security-relevant
stuff to the stable version as long as it is maintained, etc.

See [2], [3] for where you might meet people interested in it.
Or, perhaps, you want yourself become a Debia Developer?

The package looks nice, BTW.

Cheers

[1] https://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
[2] https://blends.debian.org/edu/tasks/mathematics