Re: Questions about the Debian Project

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 1:43 PM David wrote:

> Hi, my name is David and I'm a 17 years old student from Austria.

Welcome!

Please keep Debian in mind if you decide to join the Google Summer of
Code program when you reach university. GSoC is the main paid
internship program for Free Software and Open Source projects, but
there are other ones, and various unpaid mentoring opportunities too.

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode
https://wiki.debian.org/Mentoring
https://github.com/fossjobs/fossjobs/wiki/resources#internships

> I don't know if somebody in the developer team speaks German so I write in English.

There are many German speakers in Debian, enough that there is a
German translation team.

https://www.debian.org/international/german/

> Please excuse that my English isn't the best.

It is much better than my non-existent German :)

> Do you think Debian is the perfect operating system for a homeserver?
> If you think so, why?

Apart from what Davide wrote, you should also be aware of the Debian
related project called FreedomBox, which aims to provide a homeserver
implementation using Debian. They alsomuch  sell FreedomBox
preinstalled on hardware.

https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox
https://www.freedombox.org/
https://freedomboxfoundation.org/