Re: Debian and fingerprint readers

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 05:48:32AM +0000, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 9:12 PM Mark Pearson wrote:
>
> > Is there any interest, as fingerprint reader functionality is now
> > improving so much on Linux, to have these packages installed by default?
>
> Biometrics are almost always used incorrectly and often insecure or
> easily hackable, it would be better to not subject our users to those
> attacks by default.

Yes, and we should do that in a way so that our users are not subject to
those attacks by default, but can still log in to their system by using
a biometric sensor, if the laptop provides that feature and they want
it?

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard