Re: Ynt: Raspberry Pi - Default Language

On Tue, 2020-09-15 at 06:12 +0000, onurcan köken wrote:

> Before mailing to you I've mailed to Raspberry Pi about the
> situation.
>
> Here is their answer,
> "The decision to offer Kurdish as a language option for Turkey is
> made by the maintainers of Debian. If you are unhappy about this,
> please take it up with the maintainers of Debian."

Hmm, I think they may be mistaken about this.

> I am trying to contact to the right person who can give me a good
> reason. I am sending a .rar file that shows the problem.

The screenshots of the YouTube video showing the setup of the Raspberry
Pi don't look like the normal Debian installer. Also the phrases that
appear in the screenshots don't seem to appear in any Debian package:

https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=Welcome+to+Raspberry+Pi&literal=1
https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=Enter+the+details+of+your+location.&literal=1
https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=Press+%27Next%27+when+you+have+made+your+selection&literal=1

It seems like this is the YouTube video your screenshots are from:

https://youtu.be/sCtTj_7zsZA (seek to 14:26)

Based on earlier in the video at around 13:43 it seems the distribution
being booted is "Raspbian Full" rather than Debian and it is described
as "A port of Debian with desktop and recommended applications".

Raspbian is a modified version of Debian with a different installation
process and other things. In addition to Raspbian, the Raspberry Pi
project distributes a modified version of Raspbian. So the issue is in
the Raspbian project, probably the original Raspbian project or maybe
the modification by the Raspberry Pi folks. I suggest you bring the
issue up on the Raspbian forums or IRC channel and ask where you should
file a bug about this issue.

https://www.raspbian.org/

PS: if you would like to try the Debian images that are available for
the Raspberry Pi, they are available here, but please note that they
are very different to the one in the video, in particular the images do
not have any desktop environment installed.

https://raspi.debian.net/
https://raspi.debian.net/defaults-and-settings/

--
bye,