Re: Results of the salsa sprint

Hi Steve

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 03:53:24PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Have people been pushing the other way - to remove the suffix? Just
> curious.

That was me.  It's because of the maintenance overhead.  That name
restriction isn't a feature of upstream GitLab.  It requires to function
- the signup web interface and
- some scary patches to GitLb,
And I still know some places where it just breaks stuff.

So the question is: does the burden of maintaining those parts and
verifying that they actually work outweigh the burden that someone might
rename groups for fun?

Bastian

--
Live long and prosper.