Re: Q: When dnsZoneEntry is freed after DD retired

On Wed, 2020-09-30 at 12:57 +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 05:10:23PM +0900, Kentaro Hayashi wrote:
> > How should I ask to remove them in this case?
>
> This being debian-project@ I'm sure there are several DSA members who
> follow the list, so I'd say to try and wait some time to see if any
> of them follow up.

As noted in the original mail, as soon as an account is locked any
corresponding debian.net DNS entries stop being published. The only
question under consideration is thus whether those entries should
become available for re-use and, if so, when.

My (anecdotal) experience is that debian.net entries tend to fall into
two categories - those that only have any relevance or usefulness to an
individual, and those that are of wider use, where there may be
surprise at their disappearance. It's not entirely clear in either case
how soon after retirement the record should become available, and we
don't have tooling to support any answer other than "immediately".

If there's a need / desire for a particular DNS name previously owned
by an ex-DD to be made available, then we'd be happy to discuss that on
a per-case basis.

As a side-note, please bear in mind that -project is publicly archived
when considering whether to post data from LDAP to it (even publicly-
visible data).

Regards,

Adam
[as a member of, but not on behalf of, DSA]