Re: Debian.net Team

    Lucas> I think that this proposal combines two quite different
    Lucas> aspects, and that it might be better to keep them separate.

    Lucas> 1. Maintaining contacts with infrastructure providers that
    Lucas> are willing to help Debian. That's of course useful, but not
    Lucas> limited to debian.net services. For example, some QA tasks
    Lucas> could benefit from access to cloud resources.

    Lucas> 2. Keeping our important services sanely maintained. Your
    Lucas> proposal is to sanitize *.debian.net a bit. I wonder if
    Lucas> instead, we should have a list of requirements for
    Lucas> *.debian.org that does not include "hosted on a machine
    Lucas> managed by DSA". People would then continue to use debian.net
    Lucas> as they do currently, but once the service grows to something
    Lucas> really useful, it gets a review to ensure that it is
    Lucas> maintainable, and can move to the debian.org without
    Lucas> necessarily putting more load on DSA.

I agree with the above.
In general, I like Jonathan's idea (although I also like Lucas's idea
about making it easier to get things under debian.org).
I think Jonathan's idea would be better if it did not conflate contacts
for hosting providers so much with debian.net.

I think it would be fine if the same team handled both aspects of the
proposal, although I'd prefer that the name be different than debian.net
team if that's the case.

I think the common element is assisting community members set up
services.