Re: Keysigning in times of COVID-19

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 3:27 PM Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:

> I'd rather try to solve the issue in a more sensible way : lower the
> number of expected GPG signatures to 0 temporarily, and ask for two or
> three advocacies from DDs.

This seems like the most natural solution to the problem of COVID
mentioned thus far.

> We'd lose a bit of ID verification security for the DM status, but we
> could regain this security when the DM applies to become a DD, as they'd
> have to reach out to other developers and get their key signed.

We could also ask them to get signatures once the COVID situation in
their area allows them to do that.

> This wouldn't solve the broader issue that can arise when one lives in a
> place with no close DD and wants to become a DD themselves.

Given the "problems" that are being discussed on another thread in
another location, I think there is an obvious solution to solve both
issues at the same time, once the COVID situation allows it.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise