Re: Keysigning in times of COVID-19

On Thu, Aug 06, 2020 at 05:54:21PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Technically, every DD has their own policies for signing keys,
> It might require to check a government issued photo ID, or it might not.

I thought this was the sole fixed requirement for keysigning.

> As DAM, I would have a problem if someone automatically signed the keys
> of every stanger who asked them nicely in an email. At the same time, I
> am open to the idea of policies that do not require meeting people in
> person.

Why are you requiring key signing at all when it has no defined semantics?

Many DDs check only the government issued photo ID for signing a key and
this is also how keysigning parties work, but if this is considered
optional there is do defined meaning to a signature.

If you as DAM do not have a problem if DDs have own policies that do not
require checking a government issued photo ID, then I do not see why the
key signing requirement exists at all.

> Enrico

cu
Adrian