Re: Salsa as authentication provider for Debian

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 6:39 pm, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:
It's not clear to me why removing the -guest restriction has to happen
for sso.d.o to be using Salsa as an IdP, which seems to be your primary goal? That's my most immediate concern. Switching to oauth2/OIDC seems
like a good idea, and assuming we can move to another broker somewhere
down the line, I have no problems with that happening.

This was already answered here,

https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2020/04/msg00031.html

On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 07:50:22PM +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> 1. Can you still keep the "-guest" enforcement, so it's still easy to
> recognize who is DD or not on salsa?

No.  The guest suffix was meant to avoid collisions with Debian
accounts.  And the tool used to enforce it is unmaintained.

Also the only place that can for sure answer if someone is DD is
nm.debian.org, not Salsa.