Re: Salsa as authentication provider for Debian

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 09:40:45AM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:

> If you or someone else eventually will manage to introduce a Single Sign
> On system that would take us to a next step of being able to advocate
> developers, take packaging actions, update the ssh key you use to access
> debian.org machines, all via a web interface, I really look forward to
> that!

Incidentally, if you could eventually manage to make a viable proposal
for a SSO system that DSA and ftp-master considered secure enough to
enable building web UIs that could do things like, for example, but not
limited to:

 - advocate people on nm.d.o without needing to paste a
   GPG-inline-signed statement into a web form
 - move a package from experimental to unstable with one click
 - trigger a binNMU
 - vote for a GR by ranking options in a web form

Then I think that it would be a compelling enough innovation that you
won't have to be afraid of any amount of "good enough" for whatever
other system will be in place by then.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>