Re: Request to Mini DebConf Montreal Organizers: Fight Israel not the DC20 Team

Hello Debian Community

Criticism of the BJP government of India is not considered to be anti Hindu.

Criticism of Myanmar because of their treatment of the Rohingyas is not considered to be anti Buddhist.

Criticism of Saudi Arabia because of their treatment of women is not considered to be anti Muslim.

Criticism of the government of China is not considered to be anti Confucianism, anti Taoism, ... .

So why is criticism of the treatment of the Palestinians by the Israelis considered to antisemitism?

A BDS movement brought down the apartheid government of South Africa. The Israelis and their supporters are fearful that a similar BDS movement will bring down the state of Israel *as it currently exists*. Hence the desperate attempts by the Zionists to conflate criticism of Israel with antisemitism, the screed promoted by Felix being a case in point.

I would suggest that those of the Debian Community who are still following this *inappropriate thread* have a look at

https://www.ijvcanada.org/open-letter-from-canadian-academics-opposing-the-ihra-definition-of-antisemitism/

As I said, this thread is inappropriate on this list. But it is hard not to answer accusations of antisemitism by those fearful of the effects of the BDS movement. And before I am accused of antisemitism I will simply state that ever since I was in high school I have had good Jewish friends. None of them has ever had cause to believe that I am antisemitic.

Regards

Jack

Ansgar wrote:

I think the announcement by the organizers framed the conference as
being organized specifically to support the BDS movement, a movement
that is uncontroversially seen as antisemitic.  They could have chosen
not to frame the announcement this way, but they did not.

And Felix Lechner wrote

Please have a look at this report, especially the final page.

    http://bit.ly/TheNewAnti-SemitesReport

Jack Warkentin, phone 902-404-0457, email jwark@bellaliant.net