Debian release management and security questions

Hello Debian maintainers,

I have a few questions regarding the debian project and I will be glad for some answers:

1. regarding the release management - from a quick scanning of the release I have noticed that are 6 release types:
jessie
jessie-security
stretch - security
buster
bullseye
sid

I would like to ask what is the difference between each release (what actually each release means), can different releases may obtain the same version (i.e sid -7.4.1 and buster-7.4.1 is possible?)

2. stable vs. unstable suite- meaning and difference?

3. regarding the security tracker (https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/)
the different pages in tracker refers to different vulnerability types I will be glad to understand what each page refers to since I don't fully understand from the description.

4. is there one specific debian host that holds all debian packages? if not is there a debian host for debian packages that are listed in the security tracker?

Thank you!

--

Itzik Reuven

Data Analyst

   & Software Developer

+972-53-8203-727

www.WhiteSourceSoftware.com

Ariel Sharon 4, HaShahar Tower 32 Floor

Givatayim, Israel 5320047

WhiteSource empowers businesses to develop better software
by harnessing the power of open source