Re: Expense Rules for Mini-DebConfs

    Jonathan> Hi Sam
    Jonathan> On 2019/10/02 23:33, Sam Hartman wrote:
    >> Tl;DR: I think that the Mini-DebConf and Sprint process are
    >> working great and have no plans to revisit those procedures.  But
    >> we can discuss whether we need to do that.

    Jonathan> I don't think it's working great. Earlier this year my
    Jonathan> request for travel re-reimbursement got declined because I
    Jonathan> have "already received funding to attend another sprint
    Jonathan> earlier in the year".

I recall things differently including circling back with you and letting
you know that I thought I made the wrong decision.

You approached me asking for travel approval.
I said that I was having a bit of conflict with the treasurer team
working through some guidelines to apply because of a previous decision
that I had made.  I asked how big of a problem it would be if I turned
you down.
You said that it was not a huge problem.

Later after  the discussions with the treasury team concluded I let you
know that based on my personal feelings and the guidelines we eventually
came up with, I should have approved your request.
It was too late to do so, but I had already indicated that I was too
conservative in your case because of concerns that I might have been too
permissive in an earlier case.

Had you indicated it was really important then I would have either fast
tracked coming up with guidelines or taken the possibility of the
treasury team being concerned about two decisions.

I regret that I was not more up to speed on the financial aspects of
being a DPL when I took office.

For the record, the active members of the treasury team had a great
discussion and have generally been in alignment once we got onto the
same page.