Re: Upstream metadata to help our users contribute back to projects we redistribute. [and 1 more messages]

Paul Wise writes ("Re: Upstream metadata to help our users contribute back to projects we redistribute."):
> https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata

Alex Muntada writes ("Re: Upstream metadata to help our users contribute back to projects we redistribute."):
> We use debian/upstream/metadata in the Perl team to easily
> obtain the CPAN distribution name and the bug tracker URL,
> so we can forward patches to CPAN RT or GitHub or mail them
> to the upstream authors:
>
> https://manpages.debian.org/unstable/pkg-perl-tools/dpt-forward.1.en.html

Thanks for these links etc.

I have bounced them to the Debian bug where I requested that dgit do
something useful with this information.

Ian.