Re: RFC: endorse debian-mentors as entrance to our infrastructure projects

Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 09, 2019 at 02:56:53PM +0200, Philip Hands wrote:
>> Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> writes:
>> >
>> > What will happen if a newbie starts asking questions about debbugs on
>> > debian-mentors?
>> >
>> > Will the questions be ignored, or will you try to force this one brave
>> > soul to become a mentor for whatever people from the internet start
>> > asking questions?
>>
>> Are you coming up with hypothetical worst case scenarios because you
>> actually think something about this is a bad idea?  or because you do
>> not think the problem described exists?  or just because you think life
>> is a hopeless shuffle towards our inevitable oblivion and that any
>> glimmer of hope needs to be exposed as the delusion that it is?
>
> Why are you assaulting me personally?

That was supposed to be humorous hyperbole, but clearly it missed its
mark, so I apologise.

> This was one of two examples provided by Jonas,
> and I was questioning how it would work in practice.

If you look at what I wrote, I asked you a series of questions to
discover why you were apparently being negative about the suggestion.

Having looked again at what you wrote, I see that you were also just
asking a series of questions.

Perhaps now that you've assumed that what I wrote was an assault you may
be able to better understand how your original series of negative
questions could be open to an abusive interpretation.

> If you disagree with me, there would have been civilized ways to do
> so.

I've no idea if I disagree with you, since you didn't actually say what
you think AFAICT, since you tell me that what you wrote were just some
questions.

> The sun is shining and I'd rather go outside than wasting more time
> on an abuser like you. An entry in my kill file will protect me from
> receiving further assaults.

Well, I guess you won't see this then.  *sigh*

Cheers, Phil.