Re: Realizing Good Ideas with Debian Money

On Fri, 2019-05-31 at 21:04 +0000, Luca Filipozzi wrote:
[...]
> However, without an HPE donation or discount, we are much more likely to
> follow a less expensive approach: pairs of 2U servers with local
> storage, etc. Still not cheap but not multiples of 100k.
>
> If a hardware vendor happens to offer a discounts, then we can stretch
> the dollars further.
[...]

As I understand it, list prices for "enterprise" hardware are set with
the assumption that customers will negotiate a 50% or higher discount.
If that's right, we should expect and ask for discounts, regardless of
whether the vendor is interested in being a sponsor.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Unix is many things to many people,