Re: are Debian mentors nuts? the DebConf scandal

Le dimanche 29 décembre 2019 à 13:25:26+0100, Ondřej Surý a écrit :
> My guess this is the same individual that is harassing our lists. Maybe we should finally involve lawyers+police and start protecting our community, the Debian community.
>
> I am pretty sure that the targeted harassment and release of debian-private archives is punishable by law at least in some jurisdictions. GDPR also comes to a mind.
>
> So, I think an official legal action is required now.

Agreed on the principle.

But Debian having no legal existence, it can't file a complaint. We need
individuals to file such complaints.

That'd involve mentioned people by the harasser or Mary-Anne.

Still, mind that proving who the person harassing would be a little hard
(even knowing who that is), and hence, obtaining any legal enforcement
solution is probably a tricky thing.

With best regards,

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2