Re: Do we still value contributions?

On Tuesday, December 24, 2019 10:51:04 AM EST John Goerzen wrote:
> pygopherd was removed from testing.  That makes sense.  But also from
> sid, hours after I replied to the bug about this explaining that I was
> actively working on a port and asking it not to be removed.  It was
> anyway.  That doesn't make sense.  My question now is: is it worth
> bothering to finish the port?  I honestly don't know the answer to that.
> The only reason I was porting it was for Debian.  It will now have to go
> through NEW again, and it appears that getting things out of NEW is iffy
> at best.

To follow up on this one point:

That was me.  I saw your bug comment, but had forgotten about it when
processing removals several hours later.  In the future, please add a moreinfo
tag to the rm bug if it should not be actioned.

In cases like this where I inadvertently removed something that should have
been retained, I'm happy to give it a quick review in New.  When you have your
python3 port ready, please ping me in #debian-ftp and I'll have a look.
Please don't let this case dampen your enthusiasm for working on Debian.

More generally, New is being processed as fast as it can given available
volunteer time.  Any delays are not reflective of a lack of value placed on
people's contributions.

Scott K